The double of Mo Salah allowed Liverpool to defend their EPL titile, by winning a 3-1 win over West Ham United.
Here is what happened:
- Without generating obvious opportunities, Liverpool dominated the first half.
- The arrival of replacement Curtis Jones quickly gave the Reds an impetus. He moved on to Salah on the right side of the box and curled in typical fashion inside the far post.
- Jones played the ball around the field to Xherdan Shaqiri, who curved the ball behind the West Ham defense for the first time.
- Salah brought the ball down beautifully with his right foot before sneaking past Lukasz Fabianski with his left. The second goal was thus a sublime counter-attack goal.
- Georginho Wijnaldum made it three goals after Roberto Firmino squared the ball to him six yards out.
- Then, Craig Dawson poked home a corner goal for the hosts, from close range for a consolation.