Scottish Premiership Football News – Hibs Won Away at Dundee United

Scottish Premiership Football News – Hibs Won Away at Dundee United

Hibernian remained in fifth place in the Premiership table with a comfortable 3-1 victory over Dundee United at Tannadice yesterday. After the other Dundee also lost in Sunday’s Scottish Premiership football news, Hibs won away at Dundee United by 1-3.

Shaun Maloney’s side’s opener came in the first half through Kevin Nisbet and Chris Cadden then scored after the break.

Dundee United substitute Declan Glass scored what proved to be a late consolation goal for the home side. But eventually, late in the stoppage time of the match, Jamie Murphy made it three goals for Hibs.

The victory was the Edinburgh club’s third Premiership win in a row. On the other hand, United have now lost five games in succession and have slipped to seventh in the table.

Scottish Premiership Football News – Hibs Won Away at Dundee United

The First Half

There was an early chance, in just the second minute, for Hibs winger Drey Wright to score. But he could only aim his 22-yard shot wide of Benjamin Siegrist’s right-hand post.

Maloney’s men dominated possession but without creating clear-cut opportunities. Still, their breakthrough arrived eventually, in the 38th minute.

Scott McMann blocked Cadden a shot but the ball broke to Martin Boyle on the rebound. Boyle made a precise pass that Nisbet then fired home from close range.

United, though, were furious that the referees counted this as a legitimate goal, claiming it was offside. Regardless, after consulting with his assistant David Roome, referee Willie Collum’s original decision stayed and Hibs led 0-1 at half-time.

The Second Half

Hibs keeper Matt Macey finally made a save in the 49th minute after Paul Hanlon tackled down Nicky Clark just outside the visitors’ box.

The United striker stepped up to take the free-kick, trying to catch Macey by hitting the ball low around the wall. But the keeper was alert to the danger and save the strike coming at his left-hand post.

Boyle then saw a chance open up at the other end. He cut in from the left along the edge of the United box but Siegrist easily curtailed his low shot.

The Hibs goalkeeper was again in the thick of the action again in the 71st minute. Adrian Sporle hit a fierce angled drive that Macey managed to push to safety at the expense of a corner.

United had used all three substitutions when Charlie Mulgrew had to go off due to injury in the 77th minute. And a minute later Hibs made it two against the 10-man Tangerines.

Boyle burst into the United box and cut the ball back to Cadden. The latter clinically struck a shot low past Siegrist into the bottom corner.

Glass pulled a goal back for Dundee United as he netted in the 90th minute. He cut in from the right to lash the ball high past Macey.

Eventually, though, Hibs ensured there would be no late turnaround as they added a third goal deep into stoppage time. Murphy’s curling effort made the finally tally 1-3.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here