Manchester United will look to build on their strong start to the 2021-22 Premier League season against West Ham United. So, as United travel to West Ham on Sunday, here’s some Premier League football news – West Ham vs Manchester United.
West Ham United
- West Ham played a stronger team than usual against Dinamo Zagreb in their Europa League group game on Thursday night.
- Kurt Zouma impressed on his West Ham debut against Dinamo Zagreb. And he is vying for a starting spot against Manchester United on Sunday.
- Craig Dawson and Angelo Ogbonna did not play in midweek, so it would be unfair to leave one of them out here. Moyes could also go with a back three.
- On Sunday, West Ham suffered a major setback when Michail Antonio was suspended. As a result, Jarrod Bowen may be playing centrally.
West Ham United possible starting lineup: Fabianski; Fredericks, Zouma, Ogbonna, Johnson; Kral, Noble; Yarmolenko, Vlasic, Bowen; Bowen
- Jadon Sancho appears to be in disarray at the moment. So, it will be interesting to see if Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sticks with him against West Ham.
- Similarly, while Jesse Lingard is desperate to face his former club, his error in midweek may have compromised his confidence.
- On Tuesday, Aaron Wan-Bissaka was sent off in the Champions League. And Diogo Dalot is now putting pressure on him to take his place.
- Meanwhile, on Thursday, Scott McTominay returned to training with Alex Telles. So, it would not be surprising to see the former enter the starting XI on Sunday.
- Finally, Fred and Nemanja Matic are also options to start here.
Man United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Maguire, Varane, Shaw; Pogba, Matic; Sancho, Fernandes, Greenwood; Ronaldo
Premier League Football News – West Ham vs Manchester United
- West Ham will be buoyed by their 2-0 win away to Dinamo Zagreb to kick off their Europa League campaign.
- However, David Moyes’ side was stronger than expected. So, the actual question now is how his players will cope with a Thursday-Sunday schedule that they aren’t used to.
- Meanwhile, Manchester United suffered a shameful 2-1 away defeat to Young Boys in the Champions League on Tuesday (football news). Now, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer is under much fire for his tactics.
- West Ham have only played well in patches this season, so they could win even without star striker Michail Antonio.
West Ham have made significant progress under David Moyes. But qualifying for the Europa League comes at a cost of less rest and more travel.
After all, the Hammers just kicked off their European adventure in Zagreb on Thursday night. Therefore, their performance in this game is likely to suffer as a result.
United, still stinging from their defeat in Switzerland, will have a point to prove, and we think they will.