New Tottenham Hotspur boss Antonio Conte (football transfers) will eye his first Premier League win in charge of the Lilywhites. For Sunday’s battle with Leeds United in the capital, our expert offers anticipatory Premier League football news – Tottenham vs Leeds.
Spurs played out a goalless stalemate with Everton just before the international break.
And now, Conte gears up for his first Premier League home game with the London club.
The hosts have slipped to ninth in the table amid their stuttering run of form. But they could surge back into contention for a top-four place if other results go their way this weekend.
- Antonio Conte is hopeful Pierre-Emile Hojbjerg will be available to face Leeds after skipping the international break with injury. Oliver Skipp is observing a suspension as of now.
- Cristian Romero is also absent and will have another scan in 7-10 days. This is to determine the extent of the muscle injury he picked up for Argentina.
- And while Japhet Tanganga is also an option, Davinson Sanchez may deputise.
- Ryan Sessegnon is back in training, yet not yet fit enough to feature, but Bryan Gil is absent. Conte doesn’t think Giovani Lo Celso will be available here either.
- Tanguy Ndombele and Harry Winks are therefore in competition to replace the suspended Skipp.
Tottenham possible starting lineup: LLoris, Davies, Dier, Sanchez, Reguilon, Hojbjerg, Ndombele, Royal, Son, Kane, Moura
- Marcelo Bielsa may retain the XI that started the 1-1 draw with Leicester prior to the international break.
- That is, with one exception, with Junior Firpo featuring at left-back. Firpo, along with Jamie Shackleton, is back in training, but Joe Gelhardt will need to be assessed.
- Robin Koch, Patrick Bamfrod and Luke Ayling will all be missed out.
Leeds possible starting lineup: Mesllier, Dallas, Llorente, Cooper, Firpo, Phillips, Forshaw, Raphinha, Rodrigo, Harrison, James
- Tottenham have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 5 matches against Leeds in all competitions.
- Tottenham have failed to score in their last 3 matches (Premier League).
- Tottenham have scored at least 2 goals in their last 5 home matches against Leeds in all competitions.
- Tottenham has scored over 2.5 goals in last 3 home games (Premier League).
- Tottenham are undefeated in their last 5 home matches against Leeds in all competitions.
Premier League Football News – Tottenham vs Leeds
- Tottenham didn’t score for the second league game running in their 0-0 draw at Everton prior to the international break. But Spurs will be confident of getting back among the goals when they welcome Leeds. The guests have, after all, conceded 18 times to north London.
- The Whites secured an important victory in their last away game, returning to Yorkshire from Norwich with all the spoils. However, they are winless in their last five trips to Spurs, losing four of these matches. One game especially terrible was a 3-0 defeat here at the beginning of the year.
- Antonio Conte will have worked those not on international duty hard at Hotspur Way. As a result, Spurs could make it two wins from three under their new boss in Sunday’s afternoon encounter.