Tottenham Hotspur and Chelsea are preparing for battle in an exciting London derby in the Premier League on Sunday afternoon. Here’s some Premier League football news, Tottenham vs Chelsea, after the two posted contrasting results in their first European encounters.
Meanwhile, Chelsea began their Champions League defense by winning 1-0 over Zenit St Petersburg, as we covered in football news.
- Japhet Tanganga is observing a one-match suspension following his red card against Crystal Palace last week.
- With Eric Dier unconfirmed, Cristian Romero could make his full debut at the heart of the defense alongside Davinson Sanchez.
- Steven Bergwijn sustained an injury in the first half of Tottenham’s Europa League match against Rennes on Thursday. So, he is unlikely to play again.
- Additionally, Lucas Moura is also a question mark.
- Son Heung-Min and Ryan Sessegnon will also first need evaluation to confirm their presense.
- But Tanguy Ndombele made his season debut in France and is a viable option.
Tottenham Hotspur possible starting lineup: Lloris; Emerson, Sanchez, Romero, Reguilon; Hojbjerg, Skipp; Gil, Alli, Son; Kane
- N’Golo Kante was absent for the 1-0 Champions League win over Zenit in midweek. But he could be available for Thomas Tuchel here.
- On the other hand, Reece James returns from suspension to compete for the Blues, but Christian Pulisic is out.
- Hakim Ziyech, who managed to play on Tuesday, could not play and Kai Havertz may replace him instead.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kovacic, Alonso; Mount, Havertz; Lukaku
Premier League Football News – Tottenham vs Chelsea
- Tottenham’s unblemished start to the league season came to an end at Crystal Palace on Saturday. A second successive London derby at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, however, should provide plenty of motivation and spirit for Spurs.
- On the other hand, Chelsea continued their unbeaten start to the season. They won a 1-0 marginal triumph over Zenit after just defeating Aston Villa 3-0 the night before that. The Blues are unbeaten in their last three trips to London. And they won the previous two meetings between the two on Spurs’ turf, a streak that could continue, Sunday afternoon.
Spurs’ injury problems in attack are growing, but the potential returns of Sanchez and Romero will alleviate their concerns on the defensive front at least, before Tuchel’s rampant forces arrive.
If Santo’s first-choice backline is available, it’s difficult to see Chelsea scoring multiple goals in the capital.
But the visitors’ tenacious defense should shine through as they scrape a narrow win at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.