Manchester United will want their third Premier League victory of the season when they host Newcastle United on Saturday afternoon. For this match at Old Trafford, some expertly sourced Premier League football news – Manchester United vs Newcastle United predictions.
Cristiano Ronaldo may make his second debut in the match. He returned to Old Trafford from Juventus in the final stages of the summer transfer window (football transfers).
Some other significant football news surrounding this match is that audiences may have to undergo spot-checks to undergo Old Trafford.
- Cristiano Ronaldo, who returned early from Portugal duty, may make his second Manchester United debut to start on Saturday.
- Meanwhile, Jadon Sancho, another new signing, is a doubt after withdrawing from the England squad with a minor injury. As such, Jesse Lingard and Anthony Martial are vying for his place.
- Scott McTominay also only just returned to training after an injury. And Fred is one of eight Brazilian Premier League players banned this weekend.
- So, Donny van de Beek will be desperate for a rare opportunity to start in midfield alongside Nemanja Matic.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Van de Beek, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo
- Newcastle will be hoping that Isaac Hayden has recovered from his international break. However, his usual midfield partner, Jonjo Shelvey, is definitely out this time.
- The Premier League club’s midfield woes have been further exacerbated. Miguel Almiron has to refrain forcibly from international duty because he faces a five-day ban under FIFA regulations.
- Meanwhile, Sean Longstaff is expected to start in midfield, but Fabian Schar could also play.
- In absentees, Steve Bruce has confirmed that Callum Wilson will miss the trip to Manchester. The latter is still suffering from a thigh injury that he sustained prior to the international break. Also, Ryan Fraser, who left the Scotland team hotel on crutches and wearing a protective boot, will miss this trip.
Newcastle United possible starting lineup: Woodman; Fernandez, Lascelles, Schar; Murphy, Willock, Longstaff, Hayden, Ritchie; Saint-Maximin, Joelinton
Premier League Football News – Manchester United vs Newcastle United Predictions
- Manchester United started the season well, with two wins and a draw. But they have been far from convincing in recent games against Southampton and Wolves. Still, Cristiano Ronaldo’s return may boost the team, and his second debut for United will capture everyone’s attention this weekend.
- Meanwhile, Newcastle have failed to win any of their three Premier League games this season. In fact, they begin the weekend just one place above the bottom three. Most expect them to remain low in the table for the rest of the season after another disappointing transfer window. Furthermore, Newcastle manager Steve Bruce has only won one of his previous 26 games against his former club, Manchester United.
Newcastle won’t have full strength on Saturday, and it’s near impossible that they win an away match at Old Trafford.
On the other hand, Ronaldo’s return has created quite a stir at Manchester United. We expect the Portuguese to lead his team to victory this weekend.