Manchester United will resume their Premier League season at home against Everton on Saturday afternoon. And for this fixture at Old Trafford, here is some Premier League football news – Manchester United vs Everton.
On the other hand, Manchester United are fourth in the domestic English Premier League table, one point behind leaders Liverpool.
Meanwhile, Rafael Benitez’s Everton are fifth, but they too have 13 points like their opponents this weekend at Old Trafford.
Watch the expert preview on this match, and others, from Matchweek 7 of the English Premier League:
- Manchester United’s Aaron Wan-Bissaka will return here from suspension, but Harry Maguire still remains on the bench due to injury.
- Despite being a part of England’s squad, Luke Shaw may sit this one out again due to a shoulder injury. On standby, to replace him to start, are Alex Telles and Diogo Dalot.
- Given the short time between games, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer should use this opportunity to flex his roster. He could let Jesse Lingard, Nemanja Matic, and Edinson Cavani start.
- But it’s still unclear whether he’ll actually bench players like Bruno Fernandes and Cristiano Ronaldo. Especially after his game-winning goal in the middle of the week.
- Finally, Amad Diallo and Marcus Rashford will not be back until after the international break.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Varane, Shaw; Matic, Fred; Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba; Ronaldo
- Jordan Pickford and Lucas Digne returned from injuries to start Everton’s 2-0 win over Norwich last Saturday. However, the former is now again a doubt.
- Rafa Benitez, on the other hand, will have to wait until after the international break to bring back several players. Seamus Coleman, Richarlison, and Dominic Calvert-Lewin are all away on duty.
- Andre Gomes is sidelined, but Jean-Philippe Gbamin is expected to start on Saturday.
- Alex Iwobi is also a big question mark. Iwobi’s replacement, Anthony Gordon, is a natural choice. With Iwobi out, Benitez may deploy a back-three or move Lucas Digne further forward with Ben Godfrey at left back.
Everton possible starting lineup: Pickford; Godfrey, Mina, Keane, Digne; Townsend, Doucoure, Allan, Iwobi; Gray; Rondon
Premier League Football News – Manchester United vs Everton
- Manchester United had a horrible performance on midweek, but David de Gea kept them in the game against Villarreal. And it was Cristiano Ronaldo who scored the game-winning goal. This atmosphere of winning at Old Trafford was electrifying, and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s team must capitalize on it at home.
- Everton beat struggling Norwich 2-0 last weekend to snap a two-game losing streak. Last time around, Rafa Benitez was able to welcome back some crucial defenders. But, of course, his first-choice of an attacking duo, Richarlison and Dominic Calvert-Lewin, is still missing.
- United hasn’t lost at home to Everton since 2013. If they want to keep up with their title rivals, they can’t afford to drop points here.
An Everton with it’s best players available would have liked to get at least a point at Old Trafford. However, they will be without a number of key players.
On the other hand, Manchester United will almost certainly be better than they were against Villarreal on Wednesday.
Therefore, eventually we expect them to win all three points this weekend, possibly maintaining a rare clean sheet.