Manchester United will try to continue their strong start to the 2021-22 Premier League season when they host Aston Villa. For this match at Old Trafford on Saturday, here is some Premier League football news – Manchester United vs Aston Villa.
The Red Devils are currently third in the table, level on points with leaders Chelsea.
Meanwhile, Villa are tenth, with seven points from their first five games of the season.
Watch an expert preview on the Week 6 fixtures of the 2021-22 English Premier League:
- Manchester United’s fringe players failed to impress against West Ham in midweek. Thus, we expect the same starting lineup as last weekend.
- The home side welcomes back Alex Telles, Dean Henderson, and Phil Jones, but none of these will play on Saturday.
- Edinson Cavani may also miss out on playing for Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side once more.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, McTominay; Greenwood, Fernandes, Pogba; Ronaldo
- Axel Tuanzebe is not playing this match against his parent club. So, Dean Smith must decide whether to stick with a back three or go back to a four-man defense.
- Leon Bailey is out until next month and Emiliano Buendia is still finding his stride. As a results, Smith may opt for a back three with Kortney Hause replacing Tuanzebe.
- Morgan Sanson’s injury woes continued in midweek. But John McGinn has gotten clearance to play despite suffering a head injury last weekend.
- With Matt Targett doubtful, former Manchester United winger Ashley Young could possibly face his former club.
Aston Villa possible starting lineup: Martinez; Mings, Hause, Konsa; Cash, Luiz, Nakamba, McGinn, Young; Ings, Watkins
Premier League Football News – Manchester United vs Aston Villa
- Manchester United has not played particularly well this season. But they are joint top of the table heading into the weekend’s action.
- Aston Villa were unfortunate to lose on penalties to Chelsea in the Carabao Cup in midweek (football news). This was after their 3-0 thrashing of Everton in the Premier League the previous weekend.
- United have a fantastic home record against Villa. Nonetheless, given the two teams’ actual recent performances, Dean Smith’s side has a good chance of a result on Saturday.
Villa’s attacking quality means they’ll fancy their chances of scoring at Old Trafford. However, we can’t ignore the team’s recent struggles against Man United in the Premier League.
Also, the Red Devils will work hard to avenge Wednesday’s League Cup defeat to West Ham. And so, we are backing the home team to take all three points here.
Our Prediction: Manchester United 3-1 Aston Villa