Manchester City will try to make it three straight Premier League victories when they return to action against Leicester City. For this fixture on Saturday afternoon, today, here’s our Premier League football news – Leicester City vs Manchester City predictions.
The Citizens have six points from their first three games and are seventh in the table. Meanwhile, Leicester have six points and are ninth after three rounds of fixtures in England’s top flight.
- Ryan Bertand, who missed the start of the season with COVID-19, should be back in contention here, now. However, youngster Luke Thomas may keep his spot safe from Bertand as he continues to impress for the Foxes.
- Ricardo Pereira was unable to join the Portugal squad due to a thigh injury. Therefore, he will most likely miss the game due to a hamstring injury.
- Jonny Evans and Jannik Vestergaard, on the other hand, have accelerated their recoveries during the international break and could play.
Leicester City possible starting lineup: Schmeichel; Ricardo, Evans, Soyuncu, Thomas; Tielemans, Ndidi; Albrighton, Maddison, Barnes; Vardy
- Kevin De Bruyne used the international break to recover from an injury-plagued start to the season. But he remains a doubt here despite not risking travel with Belgium’s national team for the World Cup.
- During the break, in related news, Manchester City prevented Gabriel Jesus and Ederson from traveling to Brazil, and the pair are now barred1-2, ssd from playing in this game as a result of a FIFA ruling invoked by the Brazilian FA.
- With Zack Steffen in quarantine due to a positive COVID test, Scott Carson is expected to start in goal, with Sterling and Mahrez vying for the role of Jesus.
- Aymeric Laporte has been fatigued during the break, so John Stones could make his first appearance for City this season.
Manchester City possible starting lineup: Carson; Walker, Stones, Dias, Cancelo; Bernardo, Rodri, Gundogan; Grealish, F Torres, Sterling
Premier League Football News – Leicester City vs Manchester City Predictions
- Leicester has two wins from their first three games, but their 4-1 loss to West Ham was concerning.
- Manchester City has won back-to-back 5-0 games against Norwich and Arsenal. This was after they lost to Tottenham on the opening weekend (football news).
- In recent meetings, Leicester has had some success against City as they won the Community Shield last month. They also defeated City 5-2 at the Etihad earlier in the season.
- While not impossible, though, it’s difficult to look past Leicester’s defensive injury woes and to not, then, predict City winning.
This is a difficult match to call because it is difficult to predict what will happen after an international break. This is especially true because this break came so early in the new 2021-22 season.
Manchester City will fancy their chances of making it three wins in a row. But Leicester will be missing some key players this weekend, so it could be a low-scoring draw or City triumph.