Liverpool will look for another win in the Premier League when they visit Elland Road to face Leeds United. For this match on Sunday afternoon, here is the Premier League football news – Leeds vs Liverpool Predictions.
- Marcelo Bielsa has used a back three in recent draws with Everton and Burnley. But he may use his usual 4-1-4-1 formation after dominating possession with it in the previous meeting between these sides.
- Mateusz Klich and Junior Firpo both tested positive for COVID-19 before the break and will need evaluations before this game.
- Pascal Struijk may have to move forward because Leeds would be lacking in midfield in Klich’s absence. Meanwhile, Tyler Roberts and Jamie Shackleton are vying for their first starts.
- A new signee Dan James could make his debut right away after the Brazilian FA invoked a FIFA ruling. This is because it prohibits their players, including Raphinha, from representing clubs that refuse to release them for international duty.
Leeds possible starting lineup: Meslier; Dallas, Cooper, Llorente, Ayling; Phillips, Klich, Rodrigo, Harrison, James; Bamford
- Liverpool are upbeat because, despite withdrawing from the England U21 squad in midweek, Harvey Elliott will be available on Sunday.
- The Reds are less certain about Takumi Minamino’s availability, though he would have started anyway.
- In the absence of Roberto Firmino, Diogo Jota appears to be safe to start up front.
- Due to the Brazilian FA’s decision, the latter, along with Alisson and Fabinho, have been barred from playing this weekend. This could mean that Caoimhin Kelleher will deputize in goal.
- The availability of Naby Keta is in doubt, with Liverpool working hard to get the midfielder out of Guinea. He is stuck amidst an attempted coup in the capital (football news).
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Kelleher; Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Robertson; Henderson, Elliott, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane.
Premier League Football News – Leeds vs Liverpool Predictions
- Leeds United are looking for their first Premier League victory after starting the season with one defeat and two draws.
- Meanwhile, Liverpool has two wins and one draw after failing to beat 10-man Chelsea at home before the break.
- It would be a big surprise if this game didn’t be entertaining. This is because Leeds did hold Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City, and Manchester United to draws at home last season.
When Chelsea paid a visit to Anfield before the international break, Jurgen Klopp’s side failed to win at home. They couldn’t secure their third consecutive win, as Mohamed Salah’s penalty cancelled out Kai Havertz’s opener in a 1-1 draw.
The Reds are one of five teams with seven points at this point in the season. But they have been hit with a wave of FIFA-imposed absences ahead of this weekend’s clash with Leeds.
We expect, thus, to see a high-scoring draw between the two teams.