Arsenal will look to make it three wins in a row in the Premier League when they host Tottenham Hotspur. For this fixture at the Emirates Stadium on Sunday, here’s some Premier League football news – Arsenal vs Tottenham.
Watch an expert preview on the Week 6 fixtures of the 2021-22 English Premier League:
- Granit Xhaka has returned from suspension and will likely partner Thomas Partey in midfield.
- As a result, Nicolas Pepe may have to confine himself to the bench. This will allow Emile Smith Rowe to take his place on the front line.
- Kierney is a doubt for the home team, but he’s going to recover in time for the derby on Sunday.
Arsenal possible starting lineup: Ramsdale; Tomiyasu, Gabriel, White, Tierney; Odegaard, Lokonga, Smith Rowe; Aubameyang, Lacazette, Saka
- Nuno Espirito Santo may worry about the fitness of Lucas Moura, Ryan Sessegnon, and Steven Bergwijn for the Arsenal trip.
- Oliver Skipp came off the bench against Chelsea last week. He is set to make his comeback at the expense of Tanguy Ndombele.
- Santo may revert to a 4-3-3 formation, with Harry Kane leading the charge after a more reserved performance against Chelsea.
Tottenham possible starting lineup: Lloris; Reguilon, Dier, Romero, Emerson; Dele Alli, Ndombele, Hojbjerg; Son, Kane, Lo Celso
Premier League Football News – Arsenal vs Tottenham
- Arsenal made it two league wins in a row with a 1-0 victory over Burnley at Turf Moor, after winning 3-0 over Wimbeldon (football news), as they continue to improve after a slow start to the season.
- Tottenham lost 3-0 in the league for the second time in a row on Sunday. A second-half collapse to Chelsea has put a damper on what had been a promising start to the season (prediction).
- The Gunners haven’t lost a home league match to Spurs since 2010. And given the two teams’ current form, that streak looks set to continue on Sunday.
The Gunners have won back-to-back games. There wins were against Norwich City and Burnley, with Martin Odegaard scoring the game-winning free kick against the latter.
Mikel Arteta also saw his side advance to the fourth round of the EFL Cup. They won 3-0 over AFC Wimbledon on Wednesday night, with Alexandre Lacazette, Emile Smith Rowe, and Eddie Nketiah scoring.