The Nissan Stadium in Japan will host the conclusion of the men’s football tournament for the Tokyo 2020 Olympics. As Brazil Under-23s face Spain Under-23s in the gold-medal match, here’s our discerning, predicted football match score – Brazil vs Spain.
Brazil is attempting to defend and retain their gold medal from their home tournament five years ago. Catch up with a football live score update of their 1-4 victory on penalties over Mexico.
Meanwhile, Spain is making its first appearance in an Olympic final since 2000, when the country won a silver medal. Spain underwhelmed our predicted football match score of 0-2 to win a minimal 0-1 win over host nation Japan.
- Richarlison currently leads the goalscoring chart and he may well already win the Golden Boot at the Tokyo Olympics. His only competition are Mir and Oyarzabal. The former would need to score a brace to equal the Brazilian forward’s number and the latter, a hat-trick.
- In defense, meanwhile, Brazil has used the same back four all tournament. Its thus natural for Guilherme Arana, Diego Carlos, Nino, and Alves to start again on Saturday.
- Both goalkeepers, Santos and Unai Simon, who currently have three clean sheets each, are in contention for the Golden Gloves. Even Japan’s Kosei Tani and New Zealand’s Michael Woud have kept clean sheets and may win the award.
Brazil Under-23s possible starting lineup: Santos; Arana, Carlos, Nino, Alves; Guimaraes, Luiz; Richarlison, Claudinho, Paulinho; Antony
- De la Fuente’s squad has rotated slightly more than Jardine’s. But the midfield trio of Martin Zubimendi, Pedri, and Mikel Merino is consistent for the last three games this summer. So, the coach may as well continue with these three in the final.
- Oyarzabal has started all five games for Spain so far at the Olympics. He also appeared for the senior side at the Euros this summer. Additionally, he has been one of Spain’s biggest threats in front of goal in Japan. He has scored two and assisted on as many of the eight goals scored by Spain.
Spain Under-23s possible starting lineup: Simon; Cucurella, Torres, Garcia, Gil; Zubimendi, Pedri, Merino; Asensio, Oyarzabal, Olmo
Predicted Football Match Score – Brazil vs Spain
- Brazil led Group D by two points after the first week of the Games, with two victories and one draw.
- Richarlison’s tournament could not have started any better. The Everton striker scored a hat-trick against Germany in the first 30 minutes of Brazil’s tournament, which ended at 4-2.
- Andre Jardine’s side finished their group stage with a convincing 3-1 win against Saudi Arabia. With this match, moreover, Richarlison added two more goals to his tally this summer.
- Spain, along with Egypt, had the lowest scoring average among the group-stage teams that advanced to the knockout stages. He scored only twice in their first three games in Japan.
- In the quarter-final, Luis de la Fuente’s team was more clinical with their goalscoring, scoring five goals against Ivory Coast. Indeed, Rafa Mir scored a hat-trick and Dani Olmo and Mikel Oyarzabal also scored goals.
Both teams have shown the strength of their squads, and so, the final will surely be a close battle. We expect this match to determine the gold medalists to go into extra time.
With the exception of the Ivory Coast game, Spain has not scored many goals in a single game this summer.
Meanwhile, we believe Brazil’s firepower in front of goal will come through after the 90-minute mark and they’ll win.