Switzerland plays Turkey in their final Euro 2020 group game on Sunday. With both teams not having won any Group A matches so far, here is our football prediction – Switzerland vs Turkey.
Thus, three points are now required in Baku to ensure a place in the knockout stages.
Neither nation has been able to handle Italy or defeat Wales, putting both in danger after the first two games.
- Haris Seferovic had another poor performance in midweek, and he was pulled off at half-time. And because his replacement, Mario Gavranovic, performed admirably, he might not get to start here at all.
- In a similar story, Denis Zakaria, who could’ve played a crucial role for Switzerland’s summer, didn’t even start against Italy.
Switzerland possible starting lineup: Sommer; Elvedi, Schar, Akanji; Mbabu, Freuler, Xhaka, Rodriguez; Shaqiri; Embolo, Gavranovic
- Senol Guneş, Turkey’s manager, would be completely within his rights to pull up the team. Instead, he may replace it with others in his squad at this stage, though that it’s exceedingly unlikely to pass.
- Nonetheless, it wouldn’t surprise us if they made some tweaks, at least, on Sunday.
Turkey possible starting lineup: Cakir; Celik, Demiral, Soyuncu, Muldur; Ayhan, Tufan, Calhanoglu, Under, Yazici; Yilmaz
Football Prediction – Switzerland vs Turkey
- Switzerland must win this match to have a chance of qualifying as one of the best third-place finishers. To finish second, further, they’d need a massive win over both Turkey and Italy to beat Wales convincingly.
- Turkey has been the tournament’s biggest disappointment, because many predicted them to be the dark horses of Euro 2020. Instead, they stunk it up against Italy and looked much worse against Wales on Wednesday. Finally, even a victory here is unlikely to redeem them enough to secure a third-place finish.
- Because this location is steeped in history, in the meantime, don’t be shocked if tensions rise. Turkey, more so than Switzerland, haven’t come close at all to fighting for three points thus far in this tournament.
Although we projected neither nation to make it to the finals, thus far, both have had a humbling experience.
The two teams both may allow their flair players, like as Xherdan Shaqiri and Hakan Calhanoglu, to act at will.
That’s because they now know that a win – maybe by several goals – is a necessary.
As a result, we predict an open, furious match, ending in a draw, which eliminates both teams from the competition.