West Ham United will try making it two wins from two matches in their Europa League group campaign on Thursday. Before they host Austrian outfit Rapid Vienna in London, we’ve some Europa League football news – West Ham vs Rapid Vienna.
Meanwhile, their visitors lost their debut by 1-0 to Genk in their first group stage game.
- David Moyes fielded a surprisingly strong XI in West Ham’s first Europa League match. This means he intends to take this competition seriously before the fixture schedule becomes overwhelming.
- Nonetheless, Moyes does seem to have faith in some of his squad’s fringe players, such as Alphonse Areola.
- So, Ryan Fredericks is the only player who could remain absent.
West Ham United possible starting lineup: Areola; Johnson, Dawson, Ogbonna, Masuaku; Rice, Kral; Vlasic, Lanzini, Yarmolenko; Antonio
- Meanwhile, Rapid Wien will be missing four players when they travel to London on Thursday to face West Ham.
- So, Rapid Wien may just field a team similar to the one that lost to Genk at home last time out in the competition.
Rapid Vienna possible starting lineup: Gartler; Stojkovic, Greiml, Hofmann, Ullmann; Arase, Aiwu, Grahovac, Grull; Kara, Fountas
Europa League Football News – West Ham vs Rapid Vienna
- West Ham kicked off their Europa League campaign with a 2-0 win away to Dinamo Zagreb. Plus, the Hammers have only lost one of their first eight matches in all competitions. The one defeat, too, came after they missed a stoppage time penalty against Manchester United which broke a 1-1 deadlock.
- Rapid Wien’s season, on the other hand, has become a nightmare. They are on a four-game losing streak in their last six games. They began their Europa League group stage campaign with a 1-0 loss at home to Genk. We believe they will be heavy underdogs at the London Stadium on Thursday.
Even if Moyes uses a rotated squad, West Ham have more than enough quality to defeat their opponents on Thursday.
The Irons’ trip to Croatia demonstrated their determination to win this tournament, after all.
Eventually, we expect them to post another dominant victory to take control of the group.