Leicester City will return to Europa League action on Thursday, after a difficult fortnight in the league. And as they face Group C leaders Legia Warsaw, here’s some Europa League football news – Legia Warsaw vs Leicester City.
They claimed just a point in their last three Premier League games, while their hosts have also struggled domestically. But they claimed maximum points on opening night.
- Due to a serious knee injury sustained over the summer, Bartosz Kapustka will miss a reunion with former club Leicester.
- Also, Arthur Boruc, a former Bournemouth goalkeeper, has not conceded a single goal in three previous meetings with Leicester.
Legia Warsaw possible starting lineup: Miszta; Jedrzejczyk, Wieteska, Nawrocki, Mladenovic; Josue, Slisz, Martins; Lopes, Muci; Emreli
- The only injury concerns for a struggling Leicester side are Wesley Fofana and James Justin.
- Brendan Rodgers didn’t use substitute Jonny Evans at the weekend and should play on Thursday upon his comeback from injury.
- James Maddison, who was on the bench against Burnley on Saturday, should also be back in the starting lineup here.
- Wilfred Ndidi was suspended on Thursday following his late dismissal against Napoli in the previous round of the competition.
Leicester City possible starting lineup: Schmeichel; Castagne, Evans, Vestergaard, Bertrand; Soumare, Tielemans; Perez, Maddison, Barnes; Daka
Europa League Football News – Legia Warsaw vs Leicester City
- Legia Warszawa came from behind to defeat Spartak Moscow 1-0 in their Europa League debut in Russia. And that result sparked a three-game winning streak, which ended with a loss at the weekend.
- Although a 2-2 draw with Napoli is not a bad result, Leicester led 2-0 in the second half. Leicester has only won one of their last five games, and that was against a lower-tier opponent.
- On paper, Leicester will be in favor, but their recent results indicate that they may struggle once again here.
Legia’s promising start to the season may come to an end soon. They clearly have defensive issues and face a Leicester side with significant squad depth.
Even if ageless striker Jamie Vardy takes a well-deserved rest, the visitors have a plethora of attacking options .
So, with a flash of inspiration, Leicester can take the game away from the hosts.