Manchester United face Wolverhampton Wanderers in Premier League on Sunday, and here’s EPL football news – Wolves vs Manchester United prediction.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side is looking for a better result after a 1-1 draw with Southampton.
United have four points from their first two games, where they didn’t debut one of their football transfers, Jadon Sancho. The Red Devils may thus be disappointed with the two points they dropped at St Mary’s due to defensive flaws.
Wolves have lost their first two matches, both 1-0, to European contenders Leicester City and Tottenham Hotspur (football news). Though, they are giving fans strong performances under new manager Bruno Lage.
- Daniel Podence made his season debut in Wolves’ League Cup victory in midweek, bolstering Bruno Lage’s offensive options here too.
- Despite a strong showing against Nottingham Forest, Fabio Silva may return to the bench on Sunday.
- Adama Traore has been heavily linked with a move to Tottenham this week. However, Lage will be hoping to have him available for the match against Manchester United.
- Lage hasn’t decided on a first-choice right-back, and actually, Ki-Jana Hoever could start from midweek over Nelson Semedo.
Wolves possible starting lineup: Sa; Saiss, Coady, Kilman; Marcal, Moutinho, Neves, Hoever; Traore, Jimenez, Trincao
- Scott McTominay will be absent from groin surgery for several weeks, which could open possibilities for Donny van de Beek. After all, Nemanja Matic also looked off the pace in the 1-1 draw with Southampton.
- After a poor performance against Southampton last weekend, Anthony Martial will likely find himself on the bench.
- Mason Greenwood should return to the center of the field as a result.
- Also, Edinson Cavani could make his season debut after a full week of training.
- Dean Henderson may return soon from COVID, but David de Gea still remains United’s No. 1 for the time being.
- Given the profile of Wolves’ forwards, Jadon Sancho will hope to make his full United debut.
- Meanwhile, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer may opt for Raphael Varane over Victor Lindelof.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: de Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, Beek, Sancho, Fernandes, Pogba, Greenwood
EPL Football News – Wolves vs Manchester United Prediction
- Wolves defeated Nottingham Forest 4-0 on Tuesday, giving Bruno Lage his first win as their new manager. They’ve lost their first two Premier League games to Leicester and Tottenham, both by 1-0.
- On the other hand, Manchester United suffered an early setback in their title challenge when they drew 1-1 qith Southampton. Nonetheless, it extended their unbeaten away run to match a Premier League record of 27 games, and it may continue.
- United remain the decided favorites to win, though matches between Wolves and United have been particularly dull in the past.
Manchester United will be eager to bounce back from their defeat at Southampton last Sunday with a victory over Wolves.
So far in this season, the home team suffered two narrow defeats, both against strong teams like Leicester and Tottenham.
Wolves, on the other hand, have had their fair share of chances in the games. But if they are unable to convert their chances here, they may hand a slew of clinical United breakaway opportunities.
United may excel throughout the 90 minutes, with Jadon Sancho, Mason Greenwood, and Edinson Cavani all very likely to start.