As Premier League enters its gameweek three, Liverpool and Chelsea, two giants from England’s ‘Big Six’, will face one another. And we have the corresponding, timely EPL football news – Liverpool vs Chelsea Prediction – right here.
- Kostas Tsimikas excelled in Andy Robertson’s absence, but the latter, a Scot, is ready to reclaim his starting spot here.
- Fabinho missed last weekend’s win over Burnley due to his father’s untimely death, but he could return here. Thiago is also hoping to play here and make his first appearance of the season.
- Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain was also unavailable last weekend for family reasons. He missed it due to the birth of his first child, but he should be available for selection this weekend.
- Diogo Jota has started the season well, but Roberto Firmino’s work rate may recall the Brazilian to play against Chelsea.
Liverpool possible starting lineup: Alisson; Alexander-Arnold, Van Dijk, Matip, Robertson; Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago; Salah, Jota, Mane
- Both Hakim Ziyech and N’Golo Kante returned from injuries to play off the bench against Arsenal last weekend. Mateo Kovacic will almost certainly be replaced in the starting lineup by the latter.
- Due to positive COVID-19 tests, Christian Pulisic and Ruben Loftus-Cheek are not going to play in this one.
- Trevoh Chalobah was unlucky to have been benched against Arsenal, but he is also unlikely to be recalled again here.
- Ben Chilwell may remain on the bench because Marcos Alonso, with a strong season’s start, may replace at left wing-back.
Chelsea possible starting lineup: Mendy; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; James, Jorginho, Kante, Alonso; Mount, Havertz; Lukaku
EPL Football News – Liverpool vs Chelsea Prediction
- After two games, Liverpool and Chelsea have both started the season with perfect records. Indeed, before this is the first game of the season between two title contenders, neither side has conceded goals yet.
- Chelsea have become a different beast this season thanks to the signing of Romelu Lukaku (news of breaking football transfers). Rather than signing big-name players this summer, meanwhile, Liverpool decided to invest in the long-term prospects of their best players.
- As such, fans will not want to miss Lukaku’s individual duel with Virgil van Dijk on Saturday.
- Chelsea won the last game they played against Liverpool as hosts at Anfield. But that is their only win in the last six Premier League meetings between the two teams.
- So, it’s difficult to predict the winner between these two teams, and a draw isn’t out of the question.
This crucial matchup between two of the league’s most exciting players may depend on luck, despite the lower caliber of their respective early opponents.
Tuchel’s tenacious defense will consider themselves fortunate if they do not concede against the Reds.
But Liverpool have more ot fear when it comes to attacking threats, coming from all angles.
We believe the Blues’ firepower will help them maintain their unbeaten start to the season at the expense of Liverpool.