Chelsea and Manchester City will meet in the FA Cup semi-final at Wembley Stadium today at 10 pm. With both teams in the Champions League semi-final, here are some Chelsea vs Manchester City predictions.
Both clubs qualified for the Champions League semi-finals in midweek. Thomas Tuchel’s side defeated Porto 2-1 on aggregate and City won a convincing aggregate 4-2 victory over Borussia Dortmund.
Chelsea are looking to improve on their FA Cup final defeat to Arsenal last season, now.
Man City were also knocked out at this stage of the 2019-20 tournament by the Gunners. They are thus are looking for redemption too.
At the moment, Thomas Tuchel’s favorite three forwards are Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, and Kai Havertz. They may start.
Andreas Christensen had been in excellent form prior to Thiago Silva’s return from suspension. So, he will also look to retake his starting spot here.
Kepa Arrizabalaga has started in recent FA Cup matches and will thus also face Manchester City this weekend.
Ben Chilwell and Marcos Alonso are competing for a starting spot at left wing-back at Wembley.
Mateo Kovacic is out with a hamstring problem, so Chelsea will have to make do without him.
Chelsea Predicted XI (3-4-3): Kepa Arrizabalaga; Antonio Rudiger, Thiago Silva, Cesar Azpilicueta; Marcos Alonso, Reece James, N’Golo Kante, Jorginho; Mason Mount, Christian Pulisic, Kai Havertz
Pep Guardiola is likely to make improvements in the team that beat Dortmund after coming from behind.
Raheem Sterling, and Gabriel Jesus will hope to benefit from any improvements in attack.
Sergio Aguero is expected to miss this match against Chelsea, with whom he has been linked.
In midweek, Aymeric Laporte was recalled to the matchday team, and he could replace John Stones again.
Joao Cancelo was an unused replacement against Dortmund, but he will almost certainly play today.
Zack Steffen will be hoping to keep his spot in defense, but Guardiola starting with No. 1 Ederson will be unsurprising.
Manchester City Predicted XI (4-3-3): Zack Steffen; Joao Cancelo, John Stones, Ruben Dias, Kyle Walker; Rodri, Ilkay Gundogan, Kevin De Bruyne; Ferran Torres, Raheem Sterling, Gabriel Jesus
Chelsea vs Manchester City Predictions:
- Chelsea and Manchester City qualified for the Champions League’s last four in midweek. Both sides have formidable squad strength right now.
- Chelsea lost 1-0 at home to FC Porto but advanced 2-1 on aggregate.
- On the other hand, Manchester City overcame Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in both legs to advance.
- Thomas Tuchel and Pep Guardiola have also collaborated five times as coaches, with Tuchel losing four of those encounters. Three of the goals came in matches between Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund, and two came during Tuchel’s time in charge of Mainz.
- The Manchester giants will thus be favorites to win at Wembley, having reasserted their supremacy over Chelsea in recent years.
- While this match can not be determined in 90 minutes, we believe City will advance to the final next month after a fiercely fought battle.