Manchester United will look for a winning start in the 2021-22 Champions League group stage when they face Young Boys. For this fixture in Switzerland on Tuesday night, here is the Champions League football news – Young Boys vs Manchester United.
The Red Devils are coming off a 4-1 win over Newcastle United in the Premier League on Saturday (football prediction).
On the other hand, Young Boys have just enjoyed a 4-0 win over Zurich in their domestic Swiss Super League.
- From the Young Boys roster, no fewer than five players will be missing for the visit of Manchester United.
- To be more specific, Fabian Lustenberger, Jean-Pierre Nsame, Esteban Petignat, Joel Monteiro, and Nico Mainer are all out on Tuesday.
Young Boys possible starting lineup: Von Ballmoos; Hefti, Camara, Zesiger, Garcia; Fassnacht, Sierro, Aebischer, Ngamaleu; Elia, Siebatcheu
- Scott McTominay and Edinson Cavani are both doubts here, though McTominay may get to play against West Ham on Sunday.
- More definitely, Marcus Rashford, Alex Telles, Dean Henderson, and Phil Jones are all out of this Champions League match tomorrow.
- Jesse Lingard is unlikely to start here though he scored from the bench against Newcastle in United’s most recent game.
- Finally, Fred did not play in Saturday’s 4-1 victory, but we expect him to return here.
Manchester United possible starting lineup: De Gea; Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw; Fred, Pogba; Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho; Ronaldo
Champions League Football News – Young Boys vs Manchester United
- Young Boys have collected eight points from five games by making a strong start to the Swiss Super League season. And a 4-0 win over league leaders FC Zuerich on Saturday is surely a morale booster for Manchester United’s visit.
- However, Manchester United also scored four goals over the weekend, cruising to a 4-0 victory over Newcastle United.
- after all, in the group stages of the 2018/19 Champions League campaign, the Premier League side successfully faced Young Boys. United won both games while conceding zero goals back then.
- So, given the disparity in talent between the two teams, United should secure all three away points on Tuesday night.
Manchester United, who gave Newcastle too much space on the counter-attack on Saturday, do have a real threat from Young Boys.
As such, the home side is sure to score at least once on Tuesday.
But we believe the Red Devils will be too strong on the other end. So, we predict a 3-1 away win for Manchester United in this Group F fixture.