Real Madrid, the 13-time Champions League winner, on Wednesday evening against Serie A champions Inter Milan. For their first Group D match, a San Siro visit, here’s some Champions League football news – Inter vs Real Madrid.
This is the second season in a row that these two European behemoths, along with Ukrainian outfit Shakhtar Donetsk, have been drawn in the same group of the competition.
Last season, Los Blancos defeated the Nerazzurri at home and away, including a 2-0 victory in Milan (the football news).
- Stefano Sensi suffered a knee injury in Inter’s recent 2-2 draw with Sampdoria. In fact, he was unable to finish the game even after replacing Hakan Calhanoglu midway through the second half.
- Simone Inzaghi must be grateful that Alessandro Bastoni has recovered from a thigh injury he picked up on international duty.
- Finally, Lautaro Martinez and Joaquin Correa are both vying to be Edin Dzeko’s partner in the attacking area.
Inter Milan possible starting lineup: Handanovic; Skriniar, De Vrij, Dimarco; Darmian, Barella, Brozovic, Calhanoglu, Perisic; Martinez, Dzeko
- David Alaba is part of Real Madrid’s squad for the trip to Inter. There, he may start at center back alongside Eder Militao. Or Carlo Ancelotti could use Alaba instead of Miguel Gutierrez at left back, with Nacho partnering with Militao in defense.
- Besides this, Gareth Bale, Dani Ceballos, Marcelo, Ferland Mendy, and Toni Kroos are all absent from the match against Inter.
Real Madrid possible starting lineup: Courtois; Carvajal, Militao, Nacho, Gutierrez; Valverde, Casemiro, Modric; Hazard, Benzema, Vinicius Jr
Champions League Football News – Inter vs Real Madrid
- Inter play a 2-2 draw with Sampdoria on Sunday, ending the winning streak that started their season. The Nerazzurri have nonetheless made a solid start to the season. They still remain in a strong position despite the departures of Antonio Conte, Achraf Hakimi, and Romelu Lukaku this summer.
- Meanwhile, Real Madrid returned to Santiago Bernabeu on Sunday night and celebrated with a 5-2 victory over Celta Vigo. As for their Champions League run last season, Los Blancos beat Inter at home and away in the group stages. They have also been excellent in the final third this season, scoring 13 goals in four league matches.
- But Los Blancos have many flaws in their defense, which means Inter may score goals at the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza.
Even though Inter has had success at home against Real Madrid, their encounter with Real Madrid last season proved difficult. For now, another difficult game against the Spanish giants seems to be on the cards on Wednesday.
We expect many goals in this high-octane clash at the San Siro. But eventually, Ancelotti’s men should be able to take all three points.