Facing Sheffield United with Tottenham on Sunday, Gareth Bale scored a hat-trick for Spurs under Ryan Mason, the interim manager.
Yesterday, Spurs won 4-0 over Sheffield in a Premier League fight. And Gareth Bale was the man of the match with three goals.
Bale Scored a Hat-trick for Spurs under Ryan Mason
While now-fired Jose Mourinho didn’t allow Bale much game time, caretaker manager Mason saw instant results when he restored him. Mason put him back in their attack, and Bale scored in the very first Spurs game after Mourinho’s exit.
Now, Gareth Bale has pushed Sheffield United toward relegation while keeping Spurs’ top-four hopes alive with a hat-trick. He scored his 50th Premier League goal in the match yesterday.
Not only this, it was Bale’s first Premier League hat-trick in nine years, because his last came in 2012.
Now, Gareth Bale has pushed Sheffield United toward relegation while keeping Spurs’ top-four hopes alive with a hat-trick.
Sheffield lost 4-0 to Tottenham with three goals from Bale and one from Son Heung-min.
Here is a video compiling the relevant highlights of the match yesterday, and following are the key moments explained:
- Tottenham kept their top-four hopes alive with a 4-0 victory over Sheffield United.
- Bale put the defeated EFL Cup finalists ahead with a deft finish in the first half. He flicked the ball into the net with a quick side kick which evaded Sheffield goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale.
- After this goal, a second one at the hour mark doubled Spurs’ lead. At 61 minutes, Bale added to his tally with an emphatic strike after a great build-up from Son Heung-min in.
- His third goal came just eight minutes later, at the 68th The Real Madrid loanee completed his hat-trick with a low shot from the edge of the box.
- Son then completed the rout with an outstanding curling effort at the 77th The ball curved past defenders and hit the left bar, from which it ricocheted inside the net.
The visitors have only won once in their last 26 Premier League games in London.
Moreover, goalkeeper Aaron Ramsdale has now made 27 straight away starts without a clean sheet, an unfortunate competition record.