Poland’s Prime Minister, Mateusz Morawiecki, has announced that from 19 June the Ekstraklasa would invite fans back to games stadiums, but at a maximum limit of 25 percent.
At a press conference on Friday Morawiecki confirmed that next month’s supporters would be able to return in restricted capacity. Depending on the size of the stadiums, the number of fans permitted in stadiums can differ, but a maximum of 25 per cent would be imposed as a limit.
“We all like sports and football. This is the main aspect of our return to the modern normality. That’s why we give football fans the opportunity to take part in the events at the stadiums, naturally only after adequate safety measures have been secured. Shortly there will be declaration with clear laws.” Morawiecki said.
This highest of all Polish games is scheduled to go back this weekend. “We are ready for the return. The fans that will be going to the stadiums should be safe. This is going to be an excellent time to promote Polish football in Europe,” said Marcin Animucki, chairman of Ekstraklasa.
“All we need now is live matches from the stadiums.” Animucki told the AP earlier this month. “We are ready to offer TV broadcasters two matches per weekend in other international territories.”
He finished, “We are very happy that a lot of people’s hard work in past weeks was appreciated and we can restart the league today. All participants have been checked for Covid-19 and their results were negative.”